Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thurs June 7 Dyersburg, TN -Day 15

Just a quick update on our situation: We made to Jackson by way of a rental car and had April's bike fixed. The derailleur hanger was seriously bent, but on a stroke of dumb luck they just happened to have an exact match! So with that replaced, the derailleur straightened, and the rear wheel trued, we are back in business. Our thanks to Bicycle City in Jackson Tennessee, and especially to Adrian the mechanic who put our bike on the top of his "To Do" list!!

Tomorrow we'll head toward the Kentucky border, and hopefully hook up with the ferry across the Mississippi in Hickman, KY. The weather is looking dreadful, with the temps in the mid-nineties with a constant chance of severe thunderstorms... perfect!

Tonight we'll feast-up, and get ready for more mileage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your photo of June 6th was of L. Ron Hubbard! glad your back on the road.---Henry Brigger

Anonymous said...

It was 40 degrees here this morning, 3" of rain. I would like to see a picture of the subject matter that I mentioned in my email. DJ

Anonymous said...

Quite a series of events! Keep on pedalin' Thoughts,prayers,and encouragement are with you. If I can help don't hesitate to call. Sean, Nashville,TN

Anonymous said...

I'm getting tired just reading the daily trip. I admire your grit.
John you never cease to amaze me.---Karen K.